[nagdu] nagdu Digest, Vol 45, Issue 30

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Mon Dec 29 18:57:55 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,
I know several blind and visually impaired people who like to take photos.
I now have a camcorder as well as my digital still camera.

When I was at Seeing Eye getting Landon, there was a totally blind woman who
used to see and she was her family photographer.  As a total, she still is
her family photographer.  She took a great picture of me and Landon with my
camera while we were in the gazebo at Seeing Eye.  Being digital, I could
see the picture right away.

Sure, you can learn how to record your presentations with a camcorder.  All
you'd need to do is to get a tripod for the camera, line it up with where
you will be sitting or standing and you should get good pictures.  Just make
sure you have enough battery life and video tape!  I don't know how the
digital camcorders work - I use DV tapes in my camcorder.

Bunny, if I was with you, I'd be happy to take pictures of you and your
dogs!  I have occassionally taken pictures for tourists so they could be in
the picture with their family.  I do tell them to make sure they weren't
making a funny face, sticking out their tongues, because I can't see their
faces and they'd get that on their picture!  I also took my friend's
professional portfolio pictures for her performances.  She delights in
telling people - as they admire the photos - that the photographer is blind!
They are very surprised at the good quality.  Hey, another way to show the
world that the blind are just like everyone else - only we need to do stuff
differently!

Happy New Year everyone!

Linda and Landon