[nagdu] petty paws

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Sat Nov 1 11:00:42 UTC 2008

Hi Dar.
i'm trying to remember what Fidelco said.  I think my trainer
said to sart perpendicular to the nail with the grinder thing
like at the front of the nail, where it's almost touching the
flool.  Hmmm.  Jenine, you're right! It's hard to say it writing.
Not the under side of the nail, but the front of the to ip.

Hope and Beignet
Users" <nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:48:38 -0600
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] petty paws

>so you do this weekly?
>Interesting.
>I was thinking monthly.
>wow.
>I was going to start on the bottom of the toes.
>Not the rounded part.
>I am hoping that I can get someone who can see to show me.

>--Dar
>www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/5779
>Every saint has a past
>every sinner has a future

Users'"
><nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 8:09 PM
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] petty paws

>>I too use a nail grinder, I'd have to look at the package to see
its brand,
>> but I won it as a door prize at some convention or other.  Nice
door prize.
>> <grin

>> I love it though and Swap takes extremely well to having his
nails done
>> once
>> a week.

>> Yes, they can generate a lot of heat from friction.  In one way
this can be
>> good though if you happen to cut the quick.  The heat will
cotterize the
>> wound.  Chances are your dog will never let you grind its nails
again, but
>> at
>> least it won't bleed everywhere.

>> I've found that the best way to grind the nails is to come from
underneath
>> the nail up over the top.  It's hard to explain in writing.  It
would be as
>> if
>> the dog was walking on the grinder, that part of the nail, is
where I
>> grind.

>> I say this because I started out grinding by going down over the
top of
>> the
>> nail to the underside.  This ended up taking off a bit in front
but not the
>> part that hung over and made the nail long.

>> The other warning about grinders is to make sure, if you are
using a
>> battery
>> powered one, the batteries are well charged.

>> I've used an emery board and even a specially designed dog nail
file, but
>> unless your dog has nice thin nails like my Lab/Poodle had, you
need to
>> press hard to really get the filing done and many dogs don't
like that.

>> Jackson, my husband's dog, has very thick nails.  He also hates
to get his
>> nails cut.  We get the job done by bribing him with bits of
cheese.  Kent
>> holds the cheese just out of his reach while I either clip with
these
>> clippers that resemble bolt cutters, or grind.  I try to grind
his nails
>> once
>> a week also, but it takes two of us and it's harder with him as
he has
>> very
>> shaggy feet.  That's the other big warning.  If you have a
Golden or any dog
>> with a lot of fur around its toes, be very careful.  The fur
gets caught
>> easily and stops the grinder.  If you have long hair, tie it
back because
>> it's no fun when yours gets caught either.  <grin

>> Jenine Stanley
>> Sorry, I don't have the authority to save the world today.
>> jeninems at wowway.com

info for
>> nagdu:

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/dmgina%40q