[nagdu] petty paws

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Sat Nov 1 15:11:11 UTC 2008

I'm also seriously thinking of getting a nail grinder.  I use traditional
clippers for Belle's nails, but they are narrower.  Monty's nails are very
rounded?, wedge shaped?, I don't know how to describe them.  They are
difficult to cut with the clippers.  I have the largest size clippers
available from the pet store where I purchased them.

Yesterday I filed Monty's nails using a file.  It took quite a while.  You
really have to grip the nail and apply quite a bit of umph with the file. I
can't imagine using regular emery boards.  I think that would take forever
and an entire package of the emery boards.

In regard to the issue of getting hair in the nail grinder...I read a
helpful idea  to put an old section of pantyhose over the dogs foot.  the
nails will be pretty easy to get to poke through the nylon, but the hair
will remain contained inside.  then you can easily work on the nails without
worry about the hair.  I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it would work.

Julie