[nagdu] A Question of Philosophy

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 10:03:35 UTC 2008

Hi, All,

Thank you to all who commented or offered suggestions on the subject of guide animals as "life savers" for their blind partners.  Your suggestions and thoughts were very helpful to me.  I spoke with the writer on Sunday, and she seemed to understand my misgivings about the main premise of the book she is writing.  She assured me that the focus of the book was not on the rare, sensational life-saving event, but rather on the bond between animal and human and how animals can seem to intuitively know how to help people get through difficult times in life.  I'm still not convinced that it will all come out right.  But the writer said that I will have the opportunity to check the manuscript before it goes to print, and that they will not use Panda's story without my permission.

I will let you all know how the project progresses.

Thanks again,
Ann