[nagdu] does anyone know why?

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 7 13:08:41 UTC 2008

Marsha,
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no DOT regulations regarding
these issues; however, there may be company policies. The ADA requires
businesses to "modify policies, practices, and procedures" to allow people
with disabilities to be accompanied by their service animals. Therefore, if
the front seat and/or the floorboard is the best place for the service
animal and there is a policy regarding this, the policy may need to be
modified. Craig Borne is an attorney and guide dog user in the Baltimore
area. I believe he also has something to do with transportation. Perhaps he
would be willing to help out with this question.

fraternally,
Marion