[nagdu] taxi assist programs

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Sun Nov 9 00:47:56 UTC 2008

Hello Listers.
In Boise Idaho once a month you show up at the Senior center down town at 8 am to purchase your "taxi tickets."
If you yourself do not wish to show up in person you can for a fee up to $10 have your favorite taxi driver show up at the center in your place.
But they must have a picture I.D. that you must have renewed once a year with them to buy your tickets for you.
At the present time here in Boise, we pay $42 for $90 worth of taxi tickets, plus whatever you pay, if you do, your driver to pick them up for you, like I do.
It would cost me in a cab almost $25 each way to go get my own tickets.
Our Paratransit is 9 buses. It cost $2 to ride it.
Both programs are very helpful to many of us.
Stepper