[nagdu] Growling and your guide dog school

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Fri Nov 14 00:16:49 UTC 2008

Hi Jenine,
You are right in your post.  I had two dogs with that problem. The first one
was a result of being attacked by a dog tied up near the sidewalk where I
was taking my new dog for her first walk after returning home from the guide
dog school.  After two years of this problem and a couple of more attacks on
her, I retired the dog.  The second one was during training.  We were four
days into the program when, out of the blue, the dog started to attack the
other dogs.  I knew I was returning home to a doggy envirnment.  I had a dog
change.

I know these things happen and we do have to responsibly deal with the
problem.

Thanks for the post - you are absolutely correct in the reality of PR
problems that stem from growling dogs.

Linda and Landon