[nagdu] Loose dogs

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Fri Nov 14 15:55:21 UTC 2008

Dan,

Good question.

GDB has a lot of info about dog attacks and how to prevent them, or at least
make your neighbors aware of their responsibility. The one thing I do recall
from the several presentations I've seen by GDB staff is that people's home
owner's insurance, which goes for landlords of rental properties as well,
does not look kindly on dog issues. If their dog is found to be harassing a
service animal under your state law, or if it attacks your dog, their
premiums are going to sky rocket.

It's sad that we have to use money to really get people's attention, but it
apparently works.

I believe there's a flyer on the GDB site, and maybe a GDB grad can better
address this, that you can print out for your area and distribute.

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com