[nagdu] Maxx's problem

Sharonda Greenlaw sbgreenlaw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 13:38:52 UTC 2008

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about Maxx. I have had to change Rusty a
few times to different foods, do to his stomach issues. If I were you,
I would wean him off the old food and slowly introduce him to the new
food. I have found it's better that way. I hope everything goes will
for you all, I know how it feels when your baby isn't well. Keep us
posted.

Take care,
Sharonda & Rusty

On 11/15/08, cheryl echevarria <cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Okay,  here is maxx's problem.
>
> Maxx is from Guide Dog Foundation of Smithtown here in Long Island.
>
> Maxx had been gaining with for the last year, he had been tested at my vet
> in June prior to convention for a thyroid issue, that was ruled out, took
> him to GDF, he was  put on Iams weight management, took him in october for
> his annual visit to my vet, he was concerned again with his weight gain, he
> gained 6 lbs since june, I work him, he is happy, not sick, just good dog
> and worker, just a little heavy.
>
> My vet again was concerned and was thinking about checking his thyroid again
> or maybe doing other tests, I said I will take him to the school since the
> tests at the vet is very expensive and if there is an issue the school could
> do the tests.
>
> So I took him this past Monday to GDF no tests were performed a booster shot
> for lymes was given, and I was told it is possible a slow metabolism, okay
> took there word for it, and they put maxx on Hills RD which is a
> Prescription Dog food not over the counter, was given a  few bags of food
> until the new shipment came in and I would be given a full bag of food.
>
> I had asked the following day since I forgot to ask when I was there, if I
> should wean maxx off slowing with the new food, I was told no.  Well guess
> what, yup you guessed it, Maxx has been throwing up, once at work and twice
> at home, mind you that is why I am up at the crack of dawn on a saturday.
>
> try and get in touch with anyone at the guide dog school on a saturday.
>
> concerned.  Anyone gone through with this and any recommendations.
>
> and mind you after my experiences with GDF, I am definitely not getting my
> next dog from them. Unless they get there act together.
>
> I love my Maxx, I hate not knowing what to do.
>
> Cheryl Echevarria
> Treasurer
> National Federation of the Blind Greater Long Island Chapter.

Come, read and take a journey with me at
www.WorldOfShariG.blogspot.com