[nagdu] More information about case of retiring growling dog

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Sat Nov 15 17:20:03 UTC 2008

I'm confused.  Was the handler of the growling dog not present at the time
her dog was accused of biting?    Was she not aware that the other dog was
in the crate and could not have been bitten?  If she knew her dog was prone
to growling, does she typically take precautions to minimize provoking the
behavior, like not putting the dog next to another dog in a crate?

If the situation is now better understood and it has only been a few weeks,
can she  unretire the dog?  A few weeks shouldn't bee a long enough time for
the dog's training to deteriorate dramatically.

Julie