[nagdu] one sided representing on guide dog school list

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Sun Nov 23 15:14:02 UTC 2008

Sorry if I've missed something in a discussion that might have prompted
Cheryl's message. I seem to be getting double messages on several lists
lately.

I realize this may not be taken in the spirit in which it is meant due to my
employment by the guide dog school, but I have given the school's opinion on
our graduate list, when people have complained about Cheryl's posting of NFB
and NAGDU events, that the list welcomes such postings of events from anyone
and any blindness organization. The moderators have also stated this to
Cheryl privately and to list members. The list does allow meeting
announcements and other material as long as it has to do with guide dogs,
from any organization. We regularly post Cheryl's meeting announcements. We
cannot, however, be responsible for any off-list messages sent to her
criticizing her posting of such material and when messages have been sent to
the moderators and myself as a representative of the school regarding such
postings, we have all said that we encourage posting of meeting
announcements and other guide dog related material from any blindness
organization and that people may delete such messages if they do not wish to
read them. We, being the moderators, and myself when asked, encourage anyone
posting such messages to make the subject clear in the subject line and not
post without official permission of the organization.

As for the Long Island Acb president being one of our volunteer staff in our
GPS program, it's my understanding that he was just recently elected to that
position and since we have not held a GPS class since mid 2007, he hasn't
had a chance to spread the word about Long Island ACB. <grin> He is also not
a member of our graduate list.

Not sure what provoked Cheryl's message but I did want to keep the record
straight from GDF's end. As I stated at this summer's NAGDU convention, we
give out the address and web site for NAGDU to all graduating teams in their
grad packet. We also often refer people to NAGDU and NFB for local
assistance with advocacy issues. Marion can verify that I've contacted him
several times for this purpose.

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com