[nagdu] New member

Jeffrey Schwartz sidney.schwartz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 28 04:00:06 UTC 2008

Hi,
I actually had two trainers.  Liz was not quite ready to do her first solo
training and she was supervised by Desmond.  I think that I may have been
the last person Liz trained before going out on her own.  She was quite
good.  It added a different dynamic to the training.  I felt more pressured
with both of them giving me instructions.  They were sensitive to this and
Desmond usually  stayed in the background and emphasized that he was
training Liz, not me, but sometimes it just felt like too much.  Also, I'm
ten years older, have five herniated discs and had become quite sedentary,
particularly during the 8 months that had passed since I lost Webster.  I
had doubts about my physical stamina to do four hours of walking a day.
They were very sensitive to my need to take rest periods and broke up the
session into two segments on some days.  My self image hasn't changed much,
but I'm in my sixties and played a lot of contact sports when I was young.
Within two weeks of the end of training, I had to have arthroscopic knee
surgery.  Faith often didn't know where we were going, but she couldn't wait
to get there.  She's stronger than either of the males who preceded her.
Take care,
Jeff