[nagdu] Board Meeting: National Association of Guide Dog Users

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 01:12:11 UTC 2008

Please disseminate the following message as widely as appropriate!

    On Sunday, October 26, 2008, at 8:00 pm Eastern, the Board of Directors of the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a division of the National Federation of the Blind,  will hold its monthly meeting. This meeting is open to anyone who wishes to observe the proceedings. Times will be specified during this meeting for participant questions and input; however, only members of the Board may make and vote on motions. The call-in instructions are pasted below my signature.
    The Association has been very busy dealing with a number of important issues of interest to service animal users. In particular, we are working with a national transportation service and a biological manufacturing company to modify their discriminatory practices regarding persons with disabilities who choose to use service animals. We are also in touch with a hospital in new York to establish more effective policies and training for their staff. I would like to thank maurice Mines (colorado), Bryan Brown and Linda Pettit (Wisconsin), and margo Downey (New York) for their respective work on these issues. In all of these cases, NAGDU is attempting to use these incidents to illustrate the pervasiveness of these problems and establish consumer-based training programs within these industries. If you are a guide dog user or interested in blindness and guide dog related issues, you are invited to join the teleconference Board meeting to learn more about these efforts.
    In addition, NAGDU has created a task force to sponsor the establishment of an advocacy hotline for guide dog users nationwide. Once established, this toll-free advocacy line will be staffed by members of the NFB's National Association of Guide Dog Users. If you are interested in working with NAGDU on this project, please send a message to
president at nfb-nagdu.org

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
800-558-8261
president at nfb-nagdu.org

Conference Participant Instructions

  1.. At the specified time, call (641) 715-3300
  2.. When prompted, enter your participant code: 560908#

Please note: This conference will be recorded. Participation in the conference implies an agreement to and authorization for such recording in compliance with state and federal laws.

During the conference call, participants may use the following commands:

*3 exits the conference and puts you in the lobby.

*6 mutes the participant. Pressing the command again unmutes the participant.