[nagdu] the auto mark or Sequoia machine instructions

JULIE PHILLIPSON jbrew48 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 17:48:39 UTC 2008

    Here are the instructions for the auto mark and the Sequoia.  You can go
to your states elections web pages and they should have instructions for the
machine for that state.  In New York we have a mix depending on what county
so it will be different depending on where in the state you live.  The new
York site is www.vote-ny.com/
These are not available yet in New York state and will not be until next
year therefore I do not intend to use the substitute   ballot marking device
that they will be using.  If you use it and you are the only one that used
it supposedly it will be counted but not until the end of the night and then
it could be only if the election is close.  We had a conference call meeting
with the board of elections and frankly they didn't convince me that my vote
will be given the same consideration as any other vote.
 On the website you can view a video or get the transcript of how to use any
of the devices that will be used.
The counties using the Sequoia machine are

The Sequoia/Dominion ImageCast is a ballot marking device that allows a
voter with disabilities to privately and independently vote on a paper
ballot. Audio and tactile interfaces allow voters with sight challenges to
complete their ballot. Voters can listen to the selections over headphones,
or view an LCD
screen with an image of their ballot that can be adjusted for size and
contrast. A "Sip-N-Puff" or paddle device may also be used by voters with
limited
hand dexterity.
Voting Machine Photo
Sequoia ImageCast Counties: