[nagdu] Out of the way in public

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Oct 27 17:16:38 UTC 2008

Jeanine, I couldn't agree more!  It's not just at conventions that people
let dogs sprawl out any old where.  It drives me buggy.  It's dangerous
for the dog, and rude to other people.  Guess I'm getting old-farty, too.
And I'm not sure the schools emphasize it as much anymore, either.  I
remember my first class at GDB we got it hammered in to us, but in later
classes I didn't hear much about it.  Though they might have figured we
retrains already knew (not a valid assumption.)
In my class at TSE, they did talk about it.  But the technique my
instructor insisted on was putting the dog beside my chair, and I've
always preferred the under the chair method myself.
But at least they talked about it.
Tracy