[nagdu] Haas anyone ever gotten lost in their own yard?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 20:24:44 UTC 2009

Hi Laurie,

What a great post.  I have a very severe vestibular disorder which
leaves me in states ranging from mild dizziness to out and out vertigo
where I am unable to walk.  Because of this, I can literally get lost
in my own house/backyard because nothing will "hold still.  Sometimes
I can be walking and not know it because the vertigo is so bad.  I am
also profoundly deaf so cannot use sound cues to locate places.

I have taught all of my dogs to leash guide and to take me inside or
if I'm inside, to take me to a place to sit.
It's very helpful.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches

Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"Life breaks us all, but afterwards, many of us are strongest at the
broken places." -- Ernest Hemingway
  pawpower4me at gmail.com

MSN: Brisomania at Hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss