[nagdu] a breeding question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 15 12:21:21 UTC 2009

My Amba, from GDB, was a donated puppy.  Her sire was a show champion from
California, and her dam was the sister to Keith Laber's field trial lab.
Amba was stocky but did not have that boxy head, which is great, because I
think that head is pretty ugly, myself.  Amba also had the otter tail.
She was not at all hyper.  She was very determined, and had great
initiative.  She was also very beautiful, in a solid way.

I have a very clear picture of what Amba would have been like, if she'd
been human.  She would be a fine lady of the old school.  She would speak
with that high-class accent of the New York or Philadelphia elite, like
maybe Katharine Hepburn.  She would be involved in good causes to help
other people, and would give lots of energy, time and money to them, but
she would insist that things be done her way, to her high standards.  I
imagine Dorothy Harrison Eustis was such a one.
And when this fine lady's soul had moved on, somehow she saw that I was in
need of her help, so she became my Amba for a while, for which I am
forever grateful.
Tracy