[nagdu] Marion with Joe Ruffalo on ThruOurEyes.org

Vincent Chaney harlan732 at optonline.net
Thu Apr 23 02:49:41 UTC 2009

Marion and Joe,

You both did a fabulous job on the Internet Radio Show this evening. Marion, the details and descriptions of your working with 3 Guide Dogs, your knowledge and background on the philosophy of the NFB and GDU support since you joined in 1985 or 1987 was a good knowledge point to share for the NFB support and welcoming Guide Dog User partners into the NFB. The description of the purpose and goals of NAGDU were uplifting and positively stated. You and Joe commented on the formation of the NFBNJ committee, NJAGDU. We, from the committee, are building a NFBNJ state advocacy team and thank you for joining us this past Sunday for our monthly meeting as the NAGDU President.
You added a personal touch on your working with your dogs and how, why or when you choose to travel via a cane, sighted guide or another method. These points are very good especially for first time Guide Dog Users and good to hear as old timers that we do similar methods in working with our four legged partners.
I look forward to your next visit to the ThruOurEyes radio and future topics you may share with everyone. For anyone who may have missed the live broadcast, the shows are available as a Podcast or through the archive link on www.thruoureyes.org. If this works, the link is: http://www.thruoureyes.org and will be there in a day or two.
As you have shared on a very difficult time now for you and your wife, my heart goes out to Merry on the pending loss of her dear partner. All God's blessings, comfort, strength be with the both of you...

Vincent Chaney, NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NFBNJ NJAGDU Coe-Chair Lead