[nagdu] Drop-offs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 19:35:01 UTC 2009

Jenine,

There's that, too.  /smile/

When it comes to declining offered assistance, I have this really weird
notion the words "No, thank you" should suffice.  Maybe followed by a
clarification.  No, really.  I've got it.  And so on, with more firmness
each time....

It's when I've reached the end of my repertoire that I'm at a loss.  Do I
grab the plate away while he/she is cutting my meat and risk being cut?  Do
I get up and physically push him/her away so I can grab my plate?  How will
I then eat my meat without the knife and fork he/she is now refusing to hand
over?  Why is everyone else at the table just sitting there pretending
nothing is going on while all this is going on?  /lol/  Finally, a situation
where I think it would be great for another person to leap in give an
assist!  And everyone goes on about their business assuming it will all work
out in the end.  Very weird.

I'm getting out of hand with the metaphore, aren't I?  /grin/  I've never
tried the physical knock down/drag out, but I've played it out in my head
that while deciding to exercise the better part of valor -- or at least not
make a scene -- by letting some busybody cut my stinkin' meat.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney