[nagdu] Working Another's Dog

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Tue Aug 11 18:30:09 UTC 2009

Hey Marion,
That was a funny story about you and Merry on the bus. That reminded me of
something that happened between two guide dog users at our blind center.  We
were there for a board meeting and these two women were in the office and
they decided to feed the dogs before the meeting.  Upon one woman's leaving
the office to come downstairs for the meeting, she grabbed a dog - thinking
it was hers - and went downstairs.  The dog was behaving nicely and the
woman wondered why her dog was behaving differently.  Meanwhile up in the
office, the other woman decided to feed "her" dog and take it out.  That dog
was acting up and being rowdy.

By then, the woman already downstairs realized that she didn't have her dog.
It turned out that that dog had missed her dinner while the other dog got
two dinners!

The two dogs were black Labs but one was male and the other female. The male
got the two dinners and the female got no dinner until her owner went home
after the meeting.  It was funny though and we all had a great laugh. The
hungry dog probably didn't think it was funny!

Linda and Landon