[nagdu] guide dogs and cruises

Michael Hingson mhingson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 25 13:41:28 UTC 2009

>From the U.S. cruise lines must provide access.  It is best to work in
advance with the line as all cruise lines do not know how to handle a guide
dog on board.  A bit of educating goes a long way here.

As far as international ports are concerned an international health
certificate may not be sufficient.  For example much more is required if one
plans to cruise to England or Japan.  You need to check out the rules of
each port of entry you wish to visit and plan accordingly.

The bottom line is that you do not have the same rights in other countries
that you have in the United States.

The Michael Hingson Group
     “Speaking with Vision”
                 Michael Hingson, President
                         (415) 827-4084
                   info at michaelhingson.com
                   www.michaelhingson.com

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com