[nagdu] dog corrections

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 28 22:39:08 UTC 2009

Hi Julie:

I am actually quite interested in use of the clicker since this is news to me. I was just talking with a friend about his dog when he mentioned this as a way to add to his guide dogs training.

My reason for asking about corrections came from a conversation with my girlfriend about  the fact that I would not enjoy being a person who had to use a choke chain as a means of correction. That being said, I am curious about how other guide dog users deal with corrections. It is now a question I will ask my perspective schools as well.

I am really enjoying the thread though and hope others will continue to share how they manage doing corrections with their dogs. Or how they encourage the correct behaviour as well.

Gary