[nagdu] Fake service dogs news story

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Fri Dec 4 20:35:55 UTC 2009

Wow, this blows my mind.
So before white cane laws, blind people couldn't be out alone? When did
white cane laws come into being?
And, were there any teeth behind the contribuitary negliance laws?
Anybody willing to share more history with me? How did these laws get on
the books, why, and how did they go away?
Reminds me of the laws that used to require married women to notify
their husbands if they planned to have an abortion, the presumption
being that the fetus was the husband's child. Or the law saying that
doctors couldn't prescribe birth control to single and maybe married
women as well.
Unbelievable!
So, were these contributiary negligence laws actually enforced, or was
it on the books and ignored?
Very interesting.