[nagdu] blind clicker training methods / Shaman was good

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 11 05:48:45 UTC 2009

Mardi,

So cool!  Two was great with Mitzi because she seemed so grown up...  It was
also absolutely maddening because she was such a, you know, total snot!
/lol/  Sometime last spring, a couple of months before she turrned 3, I
suddenly noticed something one day:  She was the dog I had been imagining
she would be all this time!  Not all of the time, yet.  But quite a bit of
it.  Who could ever have imagined?  /lol/

They say poodles mature sometime between 4 and 5...  Huh!  Then again, they
say the silly creatures actually grow up  ...  some time after they're dead
and buried.  I think that's a good thing.  I actually had an hysterical
conversation with some guy at the dog park a few months ago in which his
entire, and oft-repeated, input was, "She's a poodle."  I have got to write
that one up because he played it so perfectly while I kept "guessing" at
what age the curly black sort of popcorn jackalope thingamagig we were
watching at the time would actually "settle down and grow up."  He kept a
straight face the entire time, even after I doubled over laughing and had to
wander off to get myself under control.  I wanted to cry, too, because my
last gasp was "when she's dead????"  Silence.  "Buried for 3 months???"

He squinted at me.  It was a nice sunny day, so I could see that.  Then he
held his hand out and rocked it back and forth....  And shrugged.

I looked at my almost-three-year-old and just about died laughing.  He did,
clearly have a point!

Okay, so poodles are almost nothing like Belgium Shepherds, at least as far
as the, uh, bounciness of it all, is concerned.  But you're on the home
stretch, hon.  Enjoy the remnants of the puppy...  or at least don't
strangle the dog quite yet.  /grin/

Take care!

Tami Smith-Kinney