[nagdu] Blind clicker training methods /Shaman was good

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Dec 11 18:59:42 UTC 2009

Hi Mardi,
People totally stopping petting and distracting our dogs will NEVER happen!
It would be nice, though!  So, we need to just treat the public as we would
any other distraction we have no control over.

Can you put shaman's front end on your lap while using the bus lift?  I know
that Canine Companions for Independence teaches that.  The back end and feet
of the dog is kind of between your legs and wheelchair foot rests. The dog
doesn't take up any more room on the lift than your chair does. That way,
you don't have to make a long leash and board him first - where people can
take advantage of the situation and pet the dog. And you are too far away
from the dog to have control over him. Maybe you have already tried this...
Just a thought (grin!).

Happy Holidays to you.

Linda and Landon