[nagdu] Prong collars.

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Sun Dec 27 17:07:24 UTC 2009

The way I was taught to use clicker training from Fidelco was to actually
teach a command. You're  correct that clicker training rewards for desirable
behaviors. My trainer told me to use the "shush" command. When my dog was
quiet after I said "shush" she got a click and a treat and a "good shush". I
did this many times a day.  With consistancy, it worked, and she now is as
quiet as a fieldmouse.  I also use clicker training for the "find" command
and new behaviors she hasn't learned yet.
Hope and Beignet