[nagdu] Fw: [buddy-l] A very bad legislative effort

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 19:03:46 UTC 2009

Albert,

Just to clarify; my dog is not self-trained.  She did not train
herself.  If you ever find a dog who can train itself, let me know.
It'd save me quite a bit of work.  Grin!

Many owner trainers actually don't really begin public access training
for quite some time.  I have known an owner trainer to train the guide
work on streets and in places where the general public is allowed to
bring their pets.  In some cities such as Portland Oregon, dogs are
allowed on pubtrans.

I don't appose giving training staff the right to bring pups in
training into places of public accommodation.

There are two problems I have with this law, the first is the word
"certified."  I think it opens up a huge can of worms, and is a
slippery slope from certifying trainers to certifying teams.  I think
it self-serving to allow the programs to certify their own trainers
and also as an owner trainer I would rather that the programs not be
involved in certifying my dog.
My second issue with this legislation is as Marion said.  I do not
think the ADA which is a law written to protect the civil rights of
persons with disabilities is the place to address the rights of
largely non-disabled trainers.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won, you
earn it and win it in every generation."
-- Coretta Scott King
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss