[nagdu] Prong collars.

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 31 17:43:47 UTC 2009

Cindy,

Not sure if there's an actual thing called a "quiet clicker."  It's just
that some clickers are really, really loud and echo through a room.  Very
embarrassing!  /lol/

So the ones I use now -- called the i-Click, I think -- are not so loud, so
the entire town does not know when I click my dog.  I ordered a bunch, on
the theory that if I have at least 10 floating around, I will always be able
to find one when I'm dashing out the door, and I do reserve one of the bunch
that is even quieter than the rest for some reason for when we go to
restaurants or quiet places like that.  Mitzi hears it and responds, but the
people nearby don't seem to.

My trageting clicker is super quiet, but it's awkward to carry, and we use
it for "competitive" obedience training at home with Daisy.  /grin/  The
dogs cojmpete with each other for the click and treat, and we all have lots
of fun.  Oddly, their actual obedience has improved despite the fact that we
don't follow the training rules at all.  Just goes to show you, I guess.
/smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney