[nagdu] Dog Breeds

Ron Davidson fuzzy_1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 4 14:44:44 UTC 2009

I have also known of friendly pit bulls and it is all in the way they are
raised.  I am just saying by the reputation  they have because of the ones
that are not trained manners or whatever you want to call it they would not
make a good guide dog. Imagine the number of rejects from places of business
because of the reputation.. I have had certain people shy away from me and
my lab simply because of a bad experience with a dog at some time. I
wouldn't have to. I had a friend at one time she had a Doberman as a guide
and he was a very sweet dog but people shied away because of the reputation
some Dobermans have. It wasn't very many but more than the average lab or
golden etc. Also I didn't understand why this lady that was wanting them as
service dogs needed two of them at once. We have had allot of trouble off
and on in the area of people posing their regular dogs as service animals
and one of the problems is when something happens with a fake service dog it
make all service dogs look bad. People don't have the aggressive dog persona
about the Shepard's because all through history they have been used as
service dogs.  So to me it is also something to consider when selecting a
dog is how is the public going to accept the breed. This is just my opinion.