[nagdu] On the Go guide harness

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 12 01:25:27 UTC 2009

Sean,
    My wife and I, as well as a couple of our Florida people, use the nylon
harnesses Julie makes. My harness has been used for more than two years and
is holding up very well. My only input to Julie has been to file down the
edge of the 90 degree connection that joins the sides of the handle to the
grip, as it caused the nylon to fray and split. Otherwise, I haven't noticed
any difference in the feel of the harness in my hand nor the information I
receive from my dog. I like the quick release of the handle from the harness
and the same release on the chest strap. We have a lot of rain in Florida
during the summer, so the nylon harness is preferable to me.
    I also like the multiple lengths on the nylon leash. I have a 6-foot
that is halved for guide work, quartered for hands-free walking with the
leash around my waist, and a loop at the end for a long leash. HTH!

Fraternally,
Marion