[nagdu] question

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed Feb 18 15:59:55 UTC 2009

Hi Wayne and all,

Wayne, I very much agree with the way you use your telescoping cane.  I
never used to take one with me, and I've used dogs for a very long time.
But being able to explore an unfamiliar or tricky area with a cane instead
of, as Wayne says, shuffling or creeping, and doing so with my hand
extended, is much better, and I'm sure makes me appear to be more in control
of my situation.  Using a cane at National convention is such a help.  If
you're exploring the hotel, it's a great way to point out important rooms or
turns to your dog, and helps you get them into your head as well.  I have a
good friend who will dog sit for me, especially when I go down to the
Exhibit Hall.  Our dogs truly need breaks during the high stress of
conventions.  My dear Merry dog is 11, but still very active and thrilled to
work, but I plan to have that cane at the ready during our state and
national conventions.

Sherrill