[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dog policydoesnot discriminate

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:49:05 UTC 2009

Hi Meghan, Lisa, and all:

Meghan, if the program was a cane-only program and didn'toffer any other training, I'd agree with you. But we all know that O&A training is not just like guide dog school with a substitution of a cane for a dog. I don't think you can draw an analogy between going to, say, Seeing Eye and demanding to use your cane the entire time (which, I agree, would be ludicrous), and wanting to incorporate your primary mobility aid into your orientation training at a center that provides training in many alternative skills.

Angie with Yani