[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dogpolicydoesnotdiscriminate

Meghan Whalen meghan at n-republic.net
Sat Feb 21 00:27:49 UTC 2009

It is not the center's responsibility to take the dog's training into
consideration.  They are teaching students to use canes, and they are not
the ones who told the dog user to attend the program.  If a dog user chooses
to participate in one of these programs, it is his or her responsibility to
make sure that dog is exercised and worked, not the program.  This may me an
extra 30-60 minutes of walking a day for the student, but that is tough
luck.  If I go to a program, I know this is how it will be, so I am waiting
until my dog is a little older and more settled into her work before
considering a program.

Just my thhoughts,
Meghan