[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. forBlind'sguidedog policy does notdiscriminate

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Sat Feb 21 01:39:03 UTC 2009

Hi Alysha.  That's exactly what I'd like to see.  I also agree
that cane skills are important, but I mainly want to attend the
NFB center to improve cooking, home management, and perhaps some
specific computer programs like xl or power point.  I can't seem
to find a program either, and I think there should be one.  It
would teach  Nfb philosophy, but be more individualized to the
student.  Not every student learns the same.

Users" <nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:07:44 -0600
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept.  forBlind'sguidedog
policy	does	notdiscriminate

>As others have mentioned in their posts, I think we need to
consider that
>much more than just cane travel is offered at training centers.
So say
>there's a guide dog user who is comfortable with mobility but who
needs some
>work on cooking or technology or braille.  Then, there doesn't
seem to be a
>program out there this person could attend to learn the necessary
skills
>without risking damage to their relationship with their dog.  I
do think that
>cane travel is quite important and that all guide dog users
should be
>comfortable with it, but it seems like all the training centers
I've heard