[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. forBlind'sguidedogpolicydoes notdiscriminate

Carlos J montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:30:24 UTC 2009

Good morning to you Dan, and listers. When the dog is not being used during
the day, my dog gets to interact with three other guide dogs. During are
brakes, and lunch time, we take the dogs out. We also work are dogs on
weekends and at night. It has not been a problem for me or for the Florida
president Kathy Davis  who is also a guide dog user. My issue is that I am
not going to let the fact that I have a guide dog stop me from attending one
of the best rehabilitation centers around the country. I believe that there
was a time where may be some folks in the nfb did not understand how guide
dogs work. How ever I believe that the president of nagdu and the rest of us
are working to change that perception. Let me also point out that Pam Allen
who is on the National board, and the executive director of the Louisiana
center for the blind is also a former guide dog user. She understands the
issues that a person entering the program may go through. How ever my
experience has been invaluable. I have not just learned about blindness but
I have learned about life in general, and about having high expectations for
my self at all times.If any one would like to write to me off list, my email
is carlos.montas at gmail.com Dan Weiner" <dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. forBlind'sguidedogpolicydoes
notdiscriminate