[nagdu] question

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Sat Feb 21 15:31:41 UTC 2009

I didn't know this happened to Morris Frank! Luckily, people tell
me that I am a friendly easygoing person.  The few times I have
made people mad, they have never gone as far as leaving me
stranded.  But you are right.  If it happened to the founder of
Seeing Eye, I guess it could happen to me, so I should always
have a cane or dog.  But what did Morris Frank do to make his
guide that mad?
Allison and Gilbert

Users" <nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:28:37 -0800
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] question

>I agree.  I think no blind person should EVER be without a cane
or dog while
>out - even with a human sighted guide.  What if your human
companion got
>pissed at you for something and just left you stranded sans a
mobility aid
>(grin!).

>Morris Frank, Seeing Eye founder, found himself in this situation
and he
>would have given his eye teeth for a modern white cane and the
training in
>using it!

>Linda and Landon
Users"
><nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 5:39 AM
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] question

>> Right, and how do you handle it say if you need to use the
ladies' room
>> and Dear Old Dad can't guide you in?
>> What happens too say if you're at an event and you meet a cute
guy (or
>> girl for that matter) who hasn't a clue how to guide you and
you'd like
>> to spend some extra time sans the parents with this person?

On
>> Behalf Of Buddy Brannan
>> Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:32 AM
>> To: NAGDU Mailing List,the National Association of Guide Dog
Users
>> Subject: Re: [nagdu] question

>> On Feb 19, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Allison Nastoff wrote:

>>> Usually, I don't carry a cane when doing sighted guide.

>> I hope you never get stranded (even if accidentally) by your
guide.
>> What plan do you have for that, should it ever happen?

info for
>> nagdu:

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/rebecca.pi
ckrell%