[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dogpolicydoesnotdiscriminate

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sat Feb 21 17:30:59 UTC 2009

I was asking Diann about this, where she said that she kept the dogs in
her office while you were walking with your cane.
She said she was afraid for me to go threw the training in Denver
because she didn't feel I could get fast enough across the street, with
out my dog helping me along.
Or falling with a crack in the sidewalk.
She asked me not to come threw training because of this.
I didn't push it.
I also at the time felt that since I had an apartment I could come home
and go to training daily.
Instead of staying in the apartment.
She was concerned that others would feel they could do the same.
But she understood since I was married why I felt the way I did.
I was having foot surgeries done at the time.
I shared that I was concerned about rock climbing where she said she
was to with my toes flat.
I am wondering if now years later things would still be the same or not.
Just wondering if others who went threw the program have similar
problems as I do.
The dog does give me balance that a cane doesn't.
I still fall from time to time, but have learned to pick up my feet
with a cane or a dog.
This sure does make a difference.

--
--Dar