[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind'sguidedog policydoes notdiscriminate

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Mon Feb 23 23:29:01 UTC 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Garry and Joy Relton wrote:

> For my own education, am I correct that Leader Dog will give cane
> travel
> instruction to assist students enrolled in their training in
> improving their
> orientation and mobility? I thought I read that some where.

You read correctly. They appear to offer something of an accelerated
(like a week) cane travel course. Apparently it's geared toward people
who need improvement in their O&M with an eye toward applying for a
guide dog, although a friend of mine who just did this suggests that
the course is offered to people who don't want a guide dog also.