[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. forBlind'sguidedog policy does notdiscriminate

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Feb 24 16:33:17 UTC 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Pickrell, Rebecca M (IT) wrote:

> What constitutes the difference say between someone who hasn't
> accepted
> his/her blindness, and someone who has but is just making a sucker out
> of those around him/her?
> I'd argue that there are probably a lot of people who are just fine
> with
> their blindness, but because they can let others fulfill their needs
> and
> wishes.

I dunno, *is* there a difference? It sounds to me as though this
hypothetical someone doesn't have much self-respect or pride. Of
course, then the question becomes: is this lack of self-respect or
ride (or laziness) due to blindness or something else, and is the
blindness a contributing factor? Would this person be a con artist in
the same way were he sighted? (Well, OK, probably he would.)
Interesting question, though. Certainly one not easily answered.