[nagdu] What would you have done? An odd access issue

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 20:49:04 UTC 2009

Ron,

The wet dog is issue is one reason I "went poodle" given that I live in a
city famous for its rainy weather.  /smile/  I dearly wanted a GSD, but I
also wanted to be able to go to stores and restaurants and could only
imagine spending 10 minutes on the dog before I went in, then going to the
store next door next door and spending 10 minutes on the dog...  /smile/
Plus, poodles don't shed at all, and even loose dead hair stays in the curls
until you brush it out.  Poodles are pretty hypoallergenic all around.

Hm...  I wonder if that's why I feel so huffy about stuff like that?  I went
with my third choice breed to be considerate of the public.  I spend more
money than I need to so that her coat is short, easy to clean, and less
likely to carry gallons of water with it to drip on people's floors.  I even
pay extra for the "clean feet" and "clean face" cut so she doesn't bring wet
or mud in on her feet -- or drip on the floor if I give her a drink.  Then
there's all the training in manners and keeping her nose where it belongs
and....  /smile/  I guess from my point of view, I have gone out of my way
to be considerate of them while exercising my rights before I ever walked
out my door, let alone in theirs.

I think it is really good to keep the wet dog issue in mind, as you do.  I
still long for that perfect GSD, so I may find myself figuring how to deal
with it in the future.  Or I could move to a drier climate for the dog...
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney