[nagdu] guide dogs and loud music

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Mon Jan 5 00:52:05 UTC 2009

Hi Rusty.  I play in a band as well (bassggb have not taken my
dog to gigs.  I've played with others at home with loud music and
she's fine.  I've taken her to listen to gigs and she howls up a
storm.  How can I expose her? How can I make her generalize? If
the dog's on stage I'd definitely get her ear protection.  After
playing my ears are ringing.  I can't imagine how the dog's ears
feel.  Also, what breed of dog is your guide? Just curious.
Hope and Beignet, the german shepherd music critç.

She's