[nagdu] dog guides and snow

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 6 00:57:51 UTC 2009

Hi Lora,
I guess your dog is doing OK in the snow as long as you are the dog keeps
you safe when you have to travel in the road.  I remember, when I lived in
Boston, doing that with a white cane and it was snowing bad when I was
coming home from work.  All of a sudden, a hand grabbed me and brought me to
safety.  Unbeknownst to me, I was walking up the middle of the road!!  Thank
god I wasn't hit by a car!  The blownig snow and wind disoriented me.

I haven't travelled with a guide dog in the snow for almost 21 years now -
I'll find out about it when I move to Vermont later this year!

Linda and Landon