[nagdu] dog guides and snow

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Tue Jan 6 01:12:50 UTC 2009

Hi Lora,

It does sound like Myrtle is trying to do the right thing.  The dogs are
trained to find the line of least resistance, meaning they will seek out any
path they can to get around or through the snow.  She is not intentionally
putting you in danger.  I hate to break it to you, but when there are huge
snow banks along the road and there is no sidewalk, you don't really have a
choice, except to go another way if you can.  Any sighted person walking
along there would have to do the same.  I guess I would say, stick as close
to that snow bank as you can, and walk along the left side of the road so
you are facing traffic.  At least then they can see you.  Is this a really
busy road?  Is there another way you can go?  I know this isn't very
helpful, sorry about that.  Maybe someone else will have some better ideas.

AnnaLisa and Sundance
Checked by AVG.
PM