[nagdu] Small house, Big yard, I don't think PET is the right word.

RELTON30857 at COX.NET RELTON30857 at COX.NET
Thu Jan 8 00:16:42 UTC 2009

Linda, Et al,

I agree with you about all. Especially the fish. Thank goodness humans don't
have the same habits, but sometimes what we do is worse.

I agree about the comfort and/or companion dogs and their behavior. However,
I caution that we should not assume first, that the dogs weren't well
trained. Sometimes the best dog just doesn't like something about another
dog. Two, even the so called trained dog used for guiding is sometimes not
kept in training. It's the human, not the dog who needs to take
responsibility. Unfortunately, we users are judged by the behavior of all
guide dogs. I have even had people come up to me and say "that other dog,
the shepherd you have isn't as good of a dog as this one, is he?" I find
this strange, and amusing anymore. I have never owned a shepherd. Not a pet
or a guide. Since all blind people look alike, we're going to be judged as
being the same. WE have to remember that these are the ignorant and
patiently explain to them when appropriate, or let it run off our backs like
water on a duck.

Obviously, there's a spoonful of humor mixed in my comments. You can't take
everything literally.

Joy and Bell SEI Grads