[nagdu] Fw: Breaking News About DOJ Changes

Sarah and Loretta thedogsmom at growingstrong.org
Thu Jan 8 03:59:48 UTC 2009

Angie,

The problem with the new propoosed rules is that what my cats do at home
could conceivably be done in certain public settings, and if my medical
situation was less controlled and the cat's alert behavior could allow me to
maintain stability, I would not hesitate to take one to an office where I
worked. Since my cat's alert behaviors allow me to medicate ahead of asthma
attacks and seizures, it could conceivably make the difference in my being
able to stay at the office and work through the day as opposed to going home
with the consequences of untreated symptoms.

Dogs can be trained to do these same behaviors; but it would be ridiculous
to go through another process when I already have cats who do it. Well-kept
cats can also live and maintain health for as long as 18-20 years. One of my
alerters has been doing her stuff since 1997 and is still perfectly healthy.

Sarah J. Blake
http://www.growingstrong.org
sjblake at growingstrong.org

I'm protected by SpamBrave