[nagdu] PETA opposes the use of guide dogs

Pickrell, Rebecca M. (TASCSD) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Jan 12 16:39:18 UTC 2009

Some dogs do come from shelters.
My first did, and was a good dog.
My second did not, and was also a good dog.
I don't have a problem with PETA's objections with regard to breeding
dogs.
As Angie stated, at least they are objecting to fact.
I've written to Daphna, and she did write me back.
She told me that her intent was to say that there are good and bad homes
for guide dogs.
I asked her to explain what she meant, and also to explain PETA's
position, is it a cradle-to-grave type of plan for a dog, or does it
account for changes in lifestyle.
I'm waiting a response.
She at least with me, seems willing to entertain a discussion.
Chassity, thank you for your note. I appreciate its honesty.
I still wonder what gain any of us get when we dehumanize somebody else.
If we dehumanize them, why should we be at all surprised when they
dehumanize us.