[nagdu] DOJ, PETA <and New Crew disappointing

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 13:51:19 UTC 2009

Marty,
    the DOJ's proposed rules are only applicable to covered entities under
the ADA, i.e., employers, public entities and private entities that provide
public accommodations. It has no effect on the landlord-tenant relationship
and the right of a disabled person to have a comfort animal in their home.
This right is provided for by the Fair Housing Act (FHA) not the ADA and
this rule will have no effect on this law. HTH!

Fraternally,
Marion