[nagdu] Pooper Scooper Laws

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 20:28:56 UTC 2009

Linda,
    I completely understand your frustration and the bigger issue. My only
concern in my last message is to not reinforce an archaic stereotype. The
"bigger issue" is the need for better training of police officers. You did
all you could to comply with the law, even though you were not required to
do so by the letter of the law; however, it is our social responsibility to
take care of these things, which you did the best to do. All you needed was
a little direction on where to dispose of the bag. where has the idea of
effective customer service gone?
    As far as what i do when i cannot find a garbage can: I, too, put it in
an inconspicuous location, generally in the curb, where the streetsweeper
will pick it up. Another idea is to find a storm drain, often located at or
near a corner, and toss it down the drain. The problem with this is that it
ends up in our waterways, I think! HTH!

Marion