[nagdu] statistics on service animals

Angie Matney leadinglabbie at mpmail.net
Thu Jan 15 04:03:16 UTC 2009

Hi Liz,

Ed and Toni Eames published an article in 1995 that estimated that there were 9,000 assistance-dog teams in the US. Even though this is an older article, you might find it interesting. Here's a link to the pdf version:

www.dsq-sds-archives.org/_articles_pdf/2001/Summer/dsq_2001_Summer_06.pdf

If you go to google and type the following, with quotes, the article will be the first search result:

"disability studies quarterly" "assistance dog"

You can then click on "view as html" to read it, if you can't deal with the pdf directly.

If you find any other stats, I hope you will share them. I'm always interested in this type of thing.

HTH,

Angie