[nagdu] winter questions

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 20 00:03:37 UTC 2009

Hi All,
When I lived in Vermont in the 1970s, I had a female yellow Lab guide dog.
We were always out in below zero weather and my dog enjoyed it alot!  She
did grow a very thick coat.  She used to run outside and jump into the
nearest snow pile and roll in it.  I did check her feet to make sure that no
ice stuck in the pads.

I think we have to plan accordingly for our own dogs.  I don't know what
kind of coat Landon will grow.  In Montpelier, staying home or getting a
ride when it's cold isn't always an option.  If Landon doesn't get a real
thick coat, well then I'll buy him a coat and put the booties on him that I
got at Seeing Eye.

We need to use our judgement and common sense with this one.  And yes, I did
also opt to hang up the harness and leave the dog home at times! (grin!)

Linda and Landon